Thursday, June 17, 2010

"You will love it when you are 40-50!"

Last Saturday Jono and I went shopping by accident. We were bored on a rainy Saturday morning and when we found out the gymnastics event we went to see wasn't happening we decided to hit the town. In Cedar that means seeing about three clothing stores. We also stopped at the new pet store where Jono fell in love with a $100 tortoise. Someday Jono, when we live somewhere we own or that allows pets. It was an awesome tortoise though. They live to 100 years old and become huge land tortoises. Our kids could inherit the lovable thing. Someday though. The object of this shopping event was to help me start a new wardrobe. I am now 21, however no one believes I am over 17. Jono is in the same boat. As young men's president in our last ward he was often mistook for one of the youth. Luckily he can grow a beard and is convincing as an adult. I don't have that luxury so we though we would start by getting some clothes that help me to look older. $80 later and I am starting to convince people. And in 20 years I will still surprise people with how young I look and I will actually enjoy looking younger. For now, I just need a little respect and acknowledgment of the responsible adult I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment